Powered by Blogger.

Reflective Essay

>> Friday, October 29, 2010

The first quarter of blog posting was rather quite interesting. Even though my writing hasn’t improved, I had fun writing or in this case typing. My original plan for blogging is to blog about the Tumblr pictures I thought that inspired me, that did not go so well. Overall, I enjoy having a blog because I can talk about my opinions and I am able to write random stuff in replacement of finding a picture on Tumblr.

To be honest, my writing has not improved. Well, maybe a little but not so much. While looking back at my blog posts I noticed that my posts didn’t make sense in some of them, they are irrelevant to the topic, and it is kind of boring to read. I mainly procrastinate whenever we have our blog posts due and it makes me lose my train of thought once I procrastinate. I could leave some important information because I forgot it. The only two blog posts that were good were my Free Topic: Locks of love and Free Topic: Imperfections do not matter. In my opinion, these posts were the ones that have better flow and ending than my other posts.

Well, if nobody is perfect then why do people have to make fun of others flaws? People can look beautiful on the outside and have flaws on the inside or people can have flaws on the outside and their personality is great. It doesn’t matter if people have little imperfections like bad hair, yellow teeth, unique clothing, acne, our weight, how our hands and feet look, how dark we are or light, how some people have weird shaped nose, their eyes are too small/large,and etc because I believe that our imperfections are what makes us beautiful and unique.
This part is included in the ending of one of my posts, Free Topic: Imperfections do not matter. In that post I included a picture I found on Tumblr and it made me want to write about it. I felt like it was a good topic to write about and I poured all of my heart writing this post because this whole concept of judging other people because of their imperfections is not right and I want to tell the readers that everyone has imperfections so that does not give people the rights to make fun of them. While reading this post I realized that it flows a lot better than my other blog posts. My writing has improved in this post but I did not make any progress after that post. This shows that I started out strong but ended weak, It looks like I have been slacking off.

    When I usually write my blog posts I normally go to Tumblr and look at the pictures to see what looks interesting. Sometimes those photos have a saying or it symbolizes something in life and those kinds of pictures inspires me to write about them. Usually if the photo has a saying on it that I agree with or it looks cool I would mostly write about it explaining why I agree to this saying or why I think it looks cool. When I first started writing my first free topic blog post I wanted to use photos from Tumblr because I have something to actually write about. Since I have found pictures to write about I noticed that I make more sense and I do not ramble on and on. Soon enough I couldn’t find any good pictures from Tumblr and that resulted of me having to blog about random stuff that happened to me in P.E. I have two blog posts about Free topic: Fun times with the girls and I kind of regret doing those posts because it was just plain rambling and I didn’t really have a message and a strong ending in those posts.

      I love having a blog, in my previous school years we also used blogger to post our work which is poems. I like the idea of free topics because I have the ability to write about what is on my mind like if I had fun then i would be able to write about what I did that day. Also, I like being creative with my blog posts like writing about photos on Tumblr that inspires me and connect those inspirations and saying to what happened to me in the past or what happened to my friends that I know. Blogging has changed the way I write because it gives it more style and helps us think more with a keyboard in front of us. Also, by posting my blogs up on blogger people have access to my blog and can read my post. By reading my posts I can receive feedback that would help me in the next post.  Even if the blog posts are graded and for academic reasons, it helps us have another way of writing and thinking. We are able to write posts that include examples and we can surf the web to use the sources on the web. This helps us have strong evidence outside from the sources that teachers provide us.

      After reading my blogs that I have typed over this quarter, I have made some goals for the next quarter. One of my top goals is to Stop Procrastinating! I procrastinate way too much!. By doing so, It slows down my thinking and it loses important information I needed to write about. I mostly do all my blog post on Friday and it is becoming rather inadequate because of the number of blog posts that are being raised each quarter. I won’t be able to finish all 3 posts on Friday. Another goal I have is the flow of my post. Whenever I procrastinate and lose my train of thought I tend to ramble and make no sense at all at the middle of my post. My last goal is to actually improve in writing which is make better Introduction, Conclusions, Grammar, and Vocabulary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP