Powered by Blogger.

Response to Ivan's post

>> Friday, September 24, 2010

Reading Ivan's Post about wasting money on too much clothes made me realize that a lot of people spend most of their money on clothes.

When a person enters a store they become a different person, and everything in their mind is set to buy things and add many things to their closet. Ann addict may waste from a range of $150 and sooooo on they can go on forever. And the sad thing about people that are making the purchase is that they are not making their purchase with their own money, they would rather use their Credit Card!  So many people are in a large amount of debt because of  Credit Card purchases made from buying clothes.  People do not know how to control themselves and their urges for wasting money. many people buy a bulk amount of clothing but also they waste a greater amount because they would rather spend it on brand name clothing instead of same material clothes that are cheaper. Wouldn’t it make more sense to buy more clothes that are cheaper that would average the same amount of buying a lower amount of brand name clothing? 
When I usually say that I am going to go to the mall and get a couple of shirts, I get more than what I say. I can say I am going to get some shoes and end up with buying 3 pairs. When you buy a lot of clothing items we can get carried away sometimes and have to pay $500 worth of clothing and usually we spend it on more of a high end brand like Hollister, American Eagle, Abercrombie and Fitch, Coach, H&M, and etc. When we usually shop at these type of high-end brand stores, they would usually sell sweaters that are $50 each and if you are lucky they would mark it down. What makes these sweaters so good that they have to be expensive? I mean can’t you buy some other sweater that is cheap that keeps you warm? Does the brand really matter or keeping yourself warm in the winter matters more? When you splurge yourself in these type of stores you realize that you can get other clothing items that are the same materials but much more cheaper and sometimes you ask yourself,”If i didn’t spend all my money on and expensive clothing store I could have saved it for something more important like for family and school.

To be honest, I used to go to the more expensive/high-end branded stores. I still do but I don’t go too often more like once every 3-5 months? There is a difference between spending a lot on branded stores quite frequently and spending it not frequently. Sometimes if i do go shopping I would not go to the high-end store because I can get a cheaper alternative and I want to save my money for something important like food, school, or sometimes I want to save it because I have a trip to go to and I want to buy a souvenir for my family. Using your credit card too much on expensive clothing items can increase your debt, which is bad because you’d have to pay it off sooner or later and it would be difficult to pay if off if you are a shopping addict. Being a shopping addict will ruin your life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP