Powered by Blogger.

ITS FRIDAY FRIDAY GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY!: Vignette Project

>> Friday, March 18, 2011

My life begins
Say hello to vegetables and fish :
I realized how much land animals are going through. Animals are living beings just like humans, only we can talk and not moo.
It was then when I saw a documentary of how animals are being in a farm/barn to being at Lucky’s or Safeway. The video was horrifying to watch. I cringed every time they would cut off a chicken’s beak. I remember that one scene where a cow was hanged upside down and the person stabbed the cow’s neck. A pool of red thick liquid poured out instantly. The cow’s eyes drifted every second. I decided to limit my red meat but still consume chicken/turkey. One of an Asian dish is having boiled chicken with the head included. I saw my mother put the head in the trash can. I went to the kitchen to spit out my gum so that I can find some food to eat then I spotted a chicken’s head it looked so helpless and its eyes were closed and looked yellow. It felt as if the chicken was trying to breathe and it made me realize what I was eating so I decided to be a Vegetarian.
Not long ago that I forgot that I love sushi I had to become from a Vegetarian to a Pescetarian.
Quiet:
When the teacher picks on me to read, I forget about the context of the story and focus on how I read. I just want to try my best to not seem like a complete implausible. When the teacher asks a question, everyone knows she picked the student without their hands up. So, I raise my hand for a split second, but then I start over thinking stuff, like what if she’s just simply going to pick on the students with their hands up or she notice me, someone who never volunteers and doesn’t want to miss out on the chance. What sucks the most is when you don’t even get to get pick on by hands, but by pulling sticks. I panic when I heard my name come out of her mouth to answer the only question I wasn’t paying attention to. She just caught me off guard. My face turned red. I was heating up. My armpits were sweating. I kept telling myself to be calm, be calm. It didn’t work. The bell rang. I was saved. I raced out of the classroom avoiding eye to eye contact with the teacher. My face made it back to its pale colors, just the way I liked it.
Breaking out of the shell:
I promised myself that I would try to be confident and leave my quietness/shyness behind. New school , New beginnings, New friends. I knew that I didn’t want to be the old Christy. That one that turns bright red, the one that stutters during author’s chair. I want to be social, out there, not shy but confident. I was the black sheep. Looking back on the first day of freshman year made me realize how much I broke out of my shell and comfort zone. I would be comfortable to speak in front of the class. I wasn’t afraid to answer any questions when the teachers asked me. I noticed I was not as nervous as I was a year ago.
My name:
My name is Christy, sometimes I like that name and sometimes I don’t. My parents did not know what to name me so they asked their friend and they decided to put names in a fish bowl. The first name was pulled out, it was Kristin. My parents did not like it so they picked out the second one. The paper said Christy. Thank god I do not have a super fobby name. Most people I meet like my name but the only reason why I like it is because I haven’t had another classmate with the same name as me.This is good because I know a lot of people that have the same names which I wouldn’t be pleased to have. I would want to be different. What sucks is that whenever I would go souvenir shopping and I want to get a pack of mint with my name on the box or a key chained name they would never carry my name. The closest they can reach is Christine. This is pretty sad.
Talent :
So what do you do in your spare time? Do you have any hobbies? Talents? ____ said.
Nothing, no and no I responded.
Why don’t you have any talents? she replied
Because I am not good at anything I said.
What is your talent?
Oh I play the piano and I can sing
Wow that is pretty awesome I said.
Yeah she replied with a smile
I despise people when they ask me what my talent is. I seem to never have one but other people do.
Don’t worry you’ll find your talent
I don’t think I will, I have been waiting for 14 years to find out what my talent was but it never happened
You’ll find your talent she said cheerfully.
I remembered that one time where I was cruising around Youtube and I saw a girl named Tiffany Alvord and I watched majority of the video and she played her guitar while singing and I watched as how she moved her fingers. The sound of her guitar was the same as if the music was instrumental. I must say she was really talented. If she can do it, I can do it. Of course after watching one video I did not just jump into buying a guitar right away. I wanted to feel like I was really into it. I did not want to be the kind of person that quits after 2 months of playing it. After a year I decided to buy a guitar. My first guitar was absolutely stunning. Jet black body that shined in the light. The light colored wooded neck fits in my palm perfectly. I know that the first strum would last forever.

3 comments:

Jessica Chen April 1, 2011 at 10:53 PM  

Hey Christy ! I responded to your vignette ! http://jessicac96.blogspot.com/2011/04/lets-talk-about-guitars-d.html

saber saleh April 1, 2011 at 11:28 PM  

my respond
http://sabersalehblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/looking-through-great-vignettes.html

Billy Lau April 2, 2011 at 9:11 PM  

I responded here http://billylau12345.blogspot.com/2011/04/vignette-project-reviews.html.

Post a Comment

Back to TOP